by Cheryl Kollin, Full Plate Ventures
We’ve had an overwhelming response to attend our TEDx local viewing party — Changing the Way We Eat — this Saturday, Jan 21. While formal registration for the event is closed, guests are invited to visit throughout the day. If you plan to join us for breakfast or lunch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch is our local, seasonal potluck lunch challenge (see details below). Free weekend parking is available in the public garage on Woodmont Avenue, a block from Bethesda Green.
If you can’t stay for the whole day, select your visit by program offerings. See our calendar page for more information about the TEDx presentations. Here’s the line up:
9 am – 10:30 am — Welcome to Bethesda Green and Who’s in the Room?
10:30 am – 12:05 pm — TEDx Session 1 – ISSUES
12:05 pm – 1:20 pm — Local Lunch Potluck Challenge
If you join us for lunch, please bring a seasonal, locally-grown and/or locally produced dish to share — homemade is encouraged — according to the category by last name. Honest Tea, hot tea, and coffee will be provided. There is a refrigerator but no warming facilities.
A-H — appetizers, bread, cheeses, spreads, veggies
I-P — main dishes, side dishes
Q-Z — desserts including fruit
Our Local Discussion Panel
- Growing Legacy On Metro’s Edge — a film teaser by Mark Leisher Productions
- Montgomery County Agricultural Reserve — Kristina Bostick, Montgomery Countryside Alliance
- Introducing the new Montgomery Food Council — Caroline Taylor, Montgomery Countryside Alliance
- Local Food Goes Digital: Connecting local food producers with buyers on the web — Cheryl Kollin, direct to consumer; and Kash Rehman, Foodem for wholesale markets
- Tracing your food from farm to fork — Dick Stoner, Maryland Small Farmers Cooperative
- Hunger in Bethesda? — Susan Kirk, Bethesda Cares
1:20 pm – 3:15 pm — TEDx Session 2 – IMPACT
3:15 pm -3:45 pm — Hunger For Change – Intro to new local discussion circle with Marney Bruce, Simplicity Matters
3:45 pm – 5:30 pm — TEDx Session 3 – INNOVATION
5:30 pm – 5:45 pm — Closing thoughts at Bethesda Green